NOTE: This project has deprecated. I've switched to node.js for back-end and react native for front-end instead of Firebase & Swift. View the source code on GitHub.After starting university, I realized that it was hard to socialize, to meet new people or to be aware of current events. Students could only interact with common courses, clubs and friends. It was very difficult to share lecture notes, create lesson groups, be aware of club activities and communicate with each other. In addition, platforms they use to socialize, such as Instagram, Tinder and c2me were not only specific to them. So I've decided to create an application to bring real university students and universities together. In this application, there should be two parts, social and education.
In the social part, people should be able to share photos, videos and text with their followers, friends in the university or even students in other universities; they should be able to like and match with each other. Students would also be able to send messages as anonymous or real, and lastly get interact with each other using location sharing feature on the map to meet and have fun.
In the education part of the application, they should be able to easily create and share their lecture notes in the classroom groups where groups will be automatically created when students upload their schedule. They would also be able to talk about their instructors or offer information about their course choices. In addition, clubs could plan their activities and ensure that all club members or students were informed.
As a result, I've started to develop such a project for iOS. What I have done?
• Create users with university e-mail and send confirmation emails,
• Loging in and logging out,
• Home feed with pagination,
• Profile feed with pagination,
• Search feed with popular posts and ability to search for users (not finished),
• Make posts, show dates, comment on posts, like posts and comments,
• Ability to see who has liked posts, and comments,
• Hashtags and mentions,
• Direct messaging,
• In app notifications,
• Push notifications for likes, comments, follows and mentions,
• Follow/Unfollow users,
• View followers/following users,
• Complete pagination of data using Firebase for scalability,
• Edit profile feature,
• Deleting posts,
• Edit posts,
• Saved posts (not finished)...